I know I haven’t been exactly active, but while I was away, I did acquire some new favorites to share with you all!
- Quantico: Right off the bat, the FBI has always been an interesting topic to me, and I love how the show is not just about the FBI academy and how the trainees survive to become special agents. The main ploit is mainly about how one of the characters introduced to the audience may be the culprit that has caused a terrorist attack and our main character, Alex Parrish, is wrongfully accused in the middle of the entire investigation The show goes back and forth between months earlier when the characters settle into the academy, establishing relationships with the others with their various intentions for being there, and the aftermath of the attack. Watch it on Hulu here.
- Heroes Reborn: I wasn’t sure how I got hooked into this show, but this show revolves around the day of June 13th and how the attack that day affects many of the characters that are introduced. From that day, people with powers called Evos, were feared and killed because they were the reason that so many people died on June 13th. There are so many storylines for the different characters that will eventually align together as one whole story that the Evos will cross paths and save the world. The things I love about this show are that there’s actually diversity in the characters’ ethnicities! I was so glad to see a storyline with Japanese characters that will eventually have an important role in the main setting of the show, which is in Odessa, Texas. Having the actor Robbie Kay in this show, whose role is just heartwarming and adorable overall, is also a plus because I really loved him and his acting as Peter Pan in the show Once Upon a Time. Watch the episodes on Hulu here.
- Ms. Anonymous EP by MAX: Max Schneider has been a pretty well-known Youtuber that does music for a living with his cover videos, but it was awesome to stumble on his new EP on Soundcloud. My favorite song on his album is his song called “Gibberish” featuring Hoodie Allen. Each song is artfully created that showcases Max’s amazing voice, and you should take a listen right here.
- I realize I haven’t really been dabbling in too much American music lately, so here are a list of Korean pop music that I’ve really been into. Just click on the song titles to go to the links to listen to them!
1. 미안해요 (Sorry)- Park Boram
2. Love Toxic- Royal Pirates
3. Wow Wow Wow (Feat. Eric)- Jun Jin
4. 보통연애 (Ordinary Love) feat. 박보람 (Park Boram)- Park Kyung
5. Closer- OH MY GIRL
6. Dope- BTS
7. Don’t Be Happy feat. MAMAMOO- Bumkey
8. But I Love U- SISTAR
9. RHYTHM TA- iKon
10. One More Step- Kihyun of Monsta X
I hope you’ll like my favorites so far as much as I do, so definitely check them all out with the links I’ve provided. If you have any favorite television shows or songs, definitely comment them because I would love to find some other great songs and shows!
Disclaimer: None of these photos were mine, and were taken from Google Images.
I consider myself a rather avid fan of television shows, and sometimes I stumble upon some treasures that just really need to be appreciated more. Some are rather popular and others are underrated, but are all recommendations to watch for either a good laugh or learn an unexpected lesson with sometimes a hint of sentimentality.
- Scrubs– This is a medical television show that kind of just warmed my heart with its comedy and delightful characters. It’s really understandable to see the high ratings for it because the main character J.D is a naive little puppy intern and with every episode, it feels like he learns a little more about life, love, death, and other subjects as he works in the hospital. Then the other characters are just so delightful to watch as they interact in the hospital workplace and each other. It’s just heartwarming. The only thing I probably dislike about the show is that sometimes events happen in the show that aren’t real because it’s in J.D’s mind and I always get confused if it really happens or not, especially if it seems unlikely to happen.
- New Girl– Right off the bat, the cast is what keeps the show alive. From the first episode, all the characters were hilarious and everything just felt cozy. The heart and soul of the show, Jessica Day is a full-grown adult that has a childlike and naive mindset, but because of her, she finds a cozy and familiar family in her three male roommates who would do anything for her. This is another heartwarming show that have such strange adventures and situations that happen to these characters just makes this show a winner.
- Fresh Off the Boat– Even the slightest mention of this show just makes me laugh. This show is a great comedy starting from the first ten minutes of the first episode. All the characters’ lines are absolutely hilarious and I instantly fell in love with the characters, the plot; just everything. The show features the Huang family moving from their familiar home in Chinatown, Washington D.C to a primarily white neighborhood in Orlando, Florida to support the father’s dreams to own a successful steakhouse. The show centers around the oldest son Eddie who struggles to fit in the other kids. This entire show is absolute hilarious and definitely something to watch for a laugh.
- House of Anubis– I will agree that this show may be initially judged badly by its status as a nickelodeon show, but I absolutely fell in love with this show a while back. The characters all have their own respective personalities but sweetly tie together as a family as they all live in anubis house. this is a great show with a mix of Egyptian mythology and interesting mysteries that just unfolds puzzle after puzzle to lead to the endgame. it’s just a cast full of cute, mysterious, and totally shippable characters as well as a family that looks out for each other.
- Dollhouse– Honestly I’m a fan of science fiction and anything else to do with dolls and robots. I know I’m weird. But this is a new favorite television show about an underground business called Dollhouse that sends out “dolls” that can have different personalities and skills for every distinct client which are often rich and influential with various intentions. I absolutely love how interesting this show is and how the “dolls” are inserted and extracted with these separate personalities but have no evidence of their original selves. You can tell I’m starting to gush about this show a lot, so I’ll just leave this recommendation here and hope you take my advice to watch this because it’s so good.
- Revolution– I started watching this series starting from the first time the first episode was aired, and I just loved the concept of the show. It is set in the modern world, but when all the electricity stopped working, everyone had to adapt without it and everything just changed. the show features Charlie Matheson, whose father may have the key to figuring why the electricity went out permanently. Watching Revolution was just riveting, so if you like a bit of action, family, and do-or-die survival, this show is definitely something to watch.
- Reign– I’m usually not a huge fan of historical shows, but this one is just beautiful. Mary, Queens of Scots, lives in France and tries to maintain the political alliance between Scotland and France while trying not to get herself killed by the dangerous people in French court that want her dead. One of the many reasons I watch this show is because of two words. Adelaide. Kane. I absolutely adore her strong presence as Mary, especially when she talks. This show is a whole lot of loyalty, betrayal, love, and a bit of family as well.
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch– This is one of those 90s shows, but it’s still really good. Basically the show is about Sabrina as a teenage witch trying to balance her school life along with her magical powers and she deals with situations in her life that go awry. It’s still a great show with amazing characters, like Salem’s sarcastic lines and the contrasting personalities between Sabrina’s two aunts; I absolutely love them. Watch all the episodes on Hulu here.
So here are some of my favorite televisions shows and I hope you’ll like one of these shows to watch. A lot of these shows are on Hulu, Netflix, or any other websites that host these television shows online. If you like any of these, I would love to know what you like about them in the comments, and if you have any favorites of your own, I would love some recommendations as well!
disclaimer: the photos for the televisions shows were not mine; I found them on google images because without it, the post seemed to feel a bit incomplete.