I know I haven’t been exactly active, but while I was away, I did acquire some new favorites to share with you all!
- Quantico: Right off the bat, the FBI has always been an interesting topic to me, and I love how the show is not just about the FBI academy and how the trainees survive to become special agents. The main ploit is mainly about how one of the characters introduced to the audience may be the culprit that has caused a terrorist attack and our main character, Alex Parrish, is wrongfully accused in the middle of the entire investigation The show goes back and forth between months earlier when the characters settle into the academy, establishing relationships with the others with their various intentions for being there, and the aftermath of the attack. Watch it on Hulu here.
- Heroes Reborn: I wasn’t sure how I got hooked into this show, but this show revolves around the day of June 13th and how the attack that day affects many of the characters that are introduced. From that day, people with powers called Evos, were feared and killed because they were the reason that so many people died on June 13th. There are so many storylines for the different characters that will eventually align together as one whole story that the Evos will cross paths and save the world. The things I love about this show are that there’s actually diversity in the characters’ ethnicities! I was so glad to see a storyline with Japanese characters that will eventually have an important role in the main setting of the show, which is in Odessa, Texas. Having the actor Robbie Kay in this show, whose role is just heartwarming and adorable overall, is also a plus because I really loved him and his acting as Peter Pan in the show Once Upon a Time. Watch the episodes on Hulu here.
- Ms. Anonymous EP by MAX: Max Schneider has been a pretty well-known Youtuber that does music for a living with his cover videos, but it was awesome to stumble on his new EP on Soundcloud. My favorite song on his album is his song called “Gibberish” featuring Hoodie Allen. Each song is artfully created that showcases Max’s amazing voice, and you should take a listen right here.
- I realize I haven’t really been dabbling in too much American music lately, so here are a list of Korean pop music that I’ve really been into. Just click on the song titles to go to the links to listen to them!
1. 미안해요 (Sorry)- Park Boram
2. Love Toxic- Royal Pirates
3. Wow Wow Wow (Feat. Eric)- Jun Jin
4. 보통연애 (Ordinary Love) feat. 박보람 (Park Boram)- Park Kyung
5. Closer- OH MY GIRL
6. Dope- BTS
7. Don’t Be Happy feat. MAMAMOO- Bumkey
8. But I Love U- SISTAR
9. RHYTHM TA- iKon
10. One More Step- Kihyun of Monsta X
I hope you’ll like my favorites so far as much as I do, so definitely check them all out with the links I’ve provided. If you have any favorite television shows or songs, definitely comment them because I would love to find some other great songs and shows!
Disclaimer: None of these photos were mine, and were taken from Google Images.
Since summer is starting to fade, I decided to find a few songs that could help cure that summertime sadness to get ready for autumn.
- For You (Bearcubs Remix) – Gavin James
I was first introduced to Gavin James when I went to Tori Kelly’s concert where he was the opening act. By the way, Tori Kelly is another great artist to check out too. Because his music was really good, I remembered to check if he had any music on Soundcloud, which is basically my go-to website and app to listen and find music. One of his songs that I found was “For You”. I absolutely love this remix for a sad song which really gives off the bittersweet summer vibes.
- Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood (Cover) – Alessia Cara
This song is basically about awaiting the colder months and starting to wear sweaters as the nights get longer. With Alessia’s voice, she gives the song just that unique tone. I am so in love with this because it’s a really great cover with simply a great voice and an acoustic sound. Alessia Cara is definitely an artist that I love right now, so you’ll probably see more posts mentioning her but she’s definitely worth checking out.
- Body Gold (Louis the Child Remix) – Oh Wonder
I absolutely adore this remix, I’m not even kidding. The song starts slow but then it eventually builds up to the remix part of the song and it sounds divine. I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it. The beats are amazing and the end just leaves you wanting more. Oh Wonder has been releasing songs once a month for a year, so definitely check out the rest of the songs they have here.
- Runaway (Dillon Francis Remix) – Galantis
Just like the song title, I’m pretty sure many of us are dreading back-to-school season and the colder days, so I think this song is a great song to exercise to! It’s also perfect for remembering the summer mood, and the beat of the remix is just amazing.
- Uma Thurman (Wiz Khalifa Boys of Zummer Remix) – Galantis
I think most people have heard of Fall Out Boy because of their most popular songs recently, but I must admit that I don’t listen to most of their songs even though I do have friends who are fanatical about them. This song just came up and since most of the songs on this post are a bit sad and bittersweet, I decided to throw in this
kind-of motivational and catchy song. I will admit that there are parts of this song that slightly sounds irritating, but it definitely grew on me. The Wiz Khalifa rap makes the song much better.
Here are five songs to get ready for the summer transition into autumn. I hope you’ve discovered new songs from this post and do comment if you like any of them or you have your own music recommendations to get ready for autumn!